Regional Business Forum
The Green Economy is here!
The annual Green Economy North Business Forum will take place on Wednesday April 14th and Thursday April 15th 2021. This event will be held virtually due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
DAY ONE - Wednesday April 14th 2021
The Circular Economy – Practical Everyday Steps for Businesses
- View a series of videos on our YouTube page. See some of the best practices and success stories which businesses and organizations are incorporating to enhance their sustainability performance and operational efficiencies.
- Previews will be shared across our social media platforms to generate interest and drive participants towards the information and resources available on our website.
Introducing Green Economy North (GEN) Revitalization Event
1:00pm – 2:00pm
- Join us as we share highlights re: the successes and gains of our membership and look ahead to what Green Economy North has in store.
- This session will include an introductory video, summarizing the benefits of joining GEN as a program member; and
- A brief presentation from our Program Director, Simon Blakeley – who will explain our relationship with Green Economy Canada, plus lead us through the custom-designed services now available to northern Ontario Businesses.
- Kim Murch from NOHFC will share a grant funding program update and discuss the current funding opportunities through the relevant NOHFC streams.
- Time is also allocated for a question and answer session for those seeking further information.
Electric Futures – Renewable/Smart Technologies
Webinar: Panel Discussion
- Join our panelists as we delve deeper into some of the renewable technologies, smart technologies, and other innovations (both existing and emerging) and explore what this means for businesses and organizations here in northern Ontario.
DAY TWO - Thursday April 15th, 2021
Green Teams 101 – Practical Everyday Steps for Businesses
- View a series of videos on our You Tube. See some of the best practices and success stories which businesses and organizations are incorporating to enhance their sustainability performance and operational efficiencies.
- Previews will be shared across our social media platforms to generate interest and drive participants toward the information and resources available on our website.
Northern Recovery: A Sustainable Path to the New Normal
Webinar: Panel Discussion
2:00pm – 3:30pm
- COVID-19 has undoubtedly presented us all with unique challenges and, in many ways, forced us to adapt harder and faster to the changing reality of work – as we know it.
- Join our expert panelists representing business, government, the not-for-profit sector, and community groups as we analyze where we are now, where we need to be, and how we’re going to get there!
Program Director, Green Economy North + Smart Green Communities
Simon Blakeley has a Masters’ Degree in Urban Environmental Design, an Undergraduate Degree in Geography and Planning, and a Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Business & Administration.
Simon has approximately 16 years’ international experience, supporting and enabling sustainable business practices, across different levels of government, not-for-profits, academia, and the private sector. Simon is an active member of the Board of Directors at the North Bay Mattawa Conservation Authority (NBMCA) and the North Bay & District Multicultural Centre (NBDMC). He is also one of the founding members of Next Economy: North Bay (NENB)
The Green Economy North Business Forum presents an opportunity to showcase the great work being done by our existing members and wider networks to reduce our collective impact on the environment.